Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Items Values In Pivot Tables/Charts

How do I show just the values of the data in a Pivot Table/Chart. I seems
that I have to choose a function like sum, max, min, count, etc.

In the same way I just want the name of the data item to appear in the
Column Fields and not Sum Of 'name' or Count Of 'name', etc.

Any help appriciated.

/Steen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A pivot table can summarize text values, using one of the function in
the list, but can't display text values from the source data in the Data
Area. You could add the field to the Row Area, then use the data area to
show a count of each item.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Debra

Thanks for your answer, but I do not understand it. I not familiar with with
using Pivot Tables/Graps as you probabely already has guessed :-)

I have an excell sheet to keep track of progres in a project which I would
like to be able to have in a Pivot Graph/Tabel.

The sheet looks like this

A B C D E
Month Week Day New Working Closed
11 46 3 9 5
2
11 46 4 9 4
3
11 46 5 8 9
4
,where New, Working and Closed is the number of tasks with that status.

I would like a Pivot table/Chart showing the same but it seems that I have
to use sum, min, max,... - do you or another person have a clue of how to do
this:

PIVOT GRAPH:
YEAR

No Of Tasks