Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Data Items Values In Pivot Tables/Charts

A pivot table can summarize text values, using one of the function in
the list, but can't display text values from the source data in the Data
Area. You could add the field to the Row Area, then use the data area to
show a count of each item.

Steen wrote:
How do I show just the values of the data in a Pivot Table/Chart. I seems
that I have to choose a function like sum, max, min, count, etc.

In the same way I just want the name of the data item to appear in the
Column Fields and not Sum Of 'name' or Count Of 'name', etc.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures