Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Text Box Display and Printing

I add a text box to a worksheet and it is displayed excatly as I have
prepared it, as soon as I switch to print preview I cannot see it, if I print
the worksheet it is not there. This is very frustrating as it worked fine in
the previous version of Excel and of course it is something I use all of the
time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right clicking gives you only the option to cut, paste, copy etc and format
shape. There is no properties tag, and no print object choice.

I have searched all over Excel looking for a solution to what seems to be a
simple problem

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Right-click the Text Box and select Format Control. Select the Properties
tab. Check the box for "Print Object".

Regards,
Paul

"andymchardy" wrote in message
I add a text box to a worksheet and it is displayed excatly as I have
prepared it, as soon as I switch to print preview I cannot see it, if I
print
the worksheet it is not there. This is very frustrating as it worked fine
in
the previous version of Excel and of course it is something I use all of
the
time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on which TextBox you chose, it may be different. You mentioned
format shape. That makes me think this is not a textbox, but a rectangle in
which you've chose to add text. Click the shape or textbox and then
Right-click on the border and select "Format Autoshape". If there is only
one tab "Font", then repeat the procedure and make sure you right-click only
on the border of the shape. Once you have the multible tabs in the Format
Autoshape window, select the Properties tab. Check the box for "Print
Object".

Good luck,

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Right-click the Text Box and select Format Control. Select the
Properties
tab. Check the box for "Print Object".

Regards,
Paul

"andymchardy" wrote in message
I add a text box to a worksheet and it is displayed excatly as I have
prepared it, as soon as I switch to print preview I cannot see it, if I
print
the worksheet it is not there. This is very frustrating as it worked
fine
in
the previous version of Excel and of course it is something I use all
of
the
time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're working with a beta and there has been a lot of work done on shapes
since the last beta. Likely this will be fixed in the final release.

--
Jim
"andymchardy" wrote in message
| Right clicking gives you only the option to cut, paste, copy etc and
format
| shape. There is no properties tag, and no print object choice.
|
| I have searched all over Excel looking for a solution to what seems to be
| simple problem
|
| "PCLIVE" wrote:
|
| Right-click the Text Box and select Format Control. Select the
Properties
| tab. Check the box for "Print Object".
|
| Regards,
| Paul
|
| "andymchardy" wrote in message
| I add a text box to a worksheet and it is displayed excatly as I have
| prepared it, as soon as I switch to print preview I cannot see it, if
| print
| the worksheet it is not there. This is very frustrating as it worked
fine
| in
| the previous version of Excel and of course it is something I use all
of
| the
| time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK let's take it from the top!

This all started when I decided to try out the beta version of Office 2007.
I use excel on a daily basis and have a spreadsheet with daily takings for
each month spanning back over several year. For information purposes I use a
text box with a single digit number eating each year in order of merit. This
I have done since 1999 and has displayed and printed exactly as displayed. So
after installing Excel 2007 I open the spreadsheet, in compatibility mde, and
everything displayed as before with the sole exception of some small picture
graphics that decided to print wherever they felt like , I decided not to
worry about that at the time as I figured that just may be a compatibility
issue and I would address it later. I now realise that it is linked to the
same problem I am having with the text box. Nothing I tried in 2007 would let
me display the text box or graphic where I wanted. The only strange thing was
that the graphics would print but not where I had placed them. So I started a
new spreadsheet in 200è from scratch added some basic data and then a text
box from the Insert menu, definitely a text box. To begin with I checked the
priny preview box everytime I added data and the text box was always there
and then for no apparent reason I check the print ^review again and it has
disappeared. So that is my dilemma, now no matter what I do I cannot see it
in Print preview. I right click the text box and see the font options text
size, alignment etc as well as the cut, paste etc oprions but nowhere do I
have a properties box or multiple tabs. Just for fun I added a picture
graphic, I can double click on that and have a whole range of tools available
but the graphic appears distorted in the Print preview display and is nowhere
near where I placed it..

Sorry to go on for so long but I wanrted to be as clear as poss about the
problem.