Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Make a number stand out in Excel

Can I circle a number in a cell in Excel to make it stand out, or is there
another way. The cell contains both words and numbers and I do not want to
highlight it. I only want to make the number part stand out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you've got words and numbers in the cell, you can select the part you
want to emphasise and change the font and size, make it bold, italics,
underline, and change colour. Is that enough?
--
David Biddulph

"George" wrote in message
Can I circle a number in a cell in Excel to make it stand out, or is there
another way. The cell contains both words and numbers and I do not want
highlight it. I only want to make the number part stand out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks David, but no. It's in a very large spread sheet with a small font so
bold, colours and underlines don't really stand out when printed. I am
looking for some way to place a boarder or something eles around the number.

"George" wrote in message
Can I circle a number in a cell in Excel to make it stand out, or is there
another way. The cell contains both words and numbers and I do not want
highlight it. I only want to make the number part stand out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

George, one way is to draw a circle around the number and format it with no
fill. You can also change the size of the circle line and its color. I'm
afraid it will be tedious, though, if you have a lot of those. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin