Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Large File Size in 2003

Hello. I have read and tired all the relevant posts I can find on this site
including:
1. The ever popular link to contextures
2. Saving as HTML and resaving as a workbook
3. Verifying there are no named ranges

Basically, I have a workbook with one worksheet which contains nothing at
all. I can select the entire worksheet and Delete the contents. There are no
macros, no VBA associated with the worksheet...nothing. This workbook is
about 2mb and I am at my wits end in discovering why. Any suggestions other
than what I have already tried?

Thank you,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jeff,

If you send it as a zip file to me I will run it through the FastExcel
workbook cleaner and profiler to see what that can do.

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"JeffH" wrote in message
Hello. I have read and tired all the relevant posts I can find on this
site
including:
1. The ever popular link to contextures
2. Saving as HTML and resaving as a workbook
3. Verifying there are no named ranges

Basically, I have a workbook with one worksheet which contains nothing at
all. I can select the entire worksheet and Delete the contents. There are
no
macros, no VBA associated with the worksheet...nothing. This workbook is
about 2mb and I am at my wits end in discovering why. Any suggestions
other
than what I have already tried?

Thank you,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you try to delete objects ?

Sub Shapes1()
'Delete all Objects except Comments
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Visible = True
ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JeffH" wrote in message ...
Hello. I have read and tired all the relevant posts I can find on this site
including:
1. The ever popular link to contextures
2. Saving as HTML and resaving as a workbook
3. Verifying there are no named ranges

Basically, I have a workbook with one worksheet which contains nothing at
all. I can select the entire worksheet and Delete the contents. There are no
macros, no VBA associated with the worksheet...nothing. This workbook is
about 2mb and I am at my wits end in discovering why. Any suggestions other
than what I have already tried?

Thank you,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to confirm... after deleteing did you save the workbook. The file size
will not reset until you save the file...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JeffH" wrote:

Hello. I have read and tired all the relevant posts I can find on this site
including:
1. The ever popular link to contextures
2. Saving as HTML and resaving as a workbook
3. Verifying there are no named ranges

Basically, I have a workbook with one worksheet which contains nothing at
all. I can select the entire worksheet and Delete the contents. There are no
macros, no VBA associated with the worksheet...nothing. This workbook is
about 2mb and I am at my wits end in discovering why. Any suggestions other
than what I have already tried?

Thank you,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks to all who wrote back.

I didnt try the code that Ron put up but noticed that there were images on
the page for some reason...about 700 of them which were not deleting when
selecting rows/columns or the entire page to delete. I had to "Go
To-Special-Objects" select them all and Cut them. I think Ron's suggestion
would work so I gave him credit.

An intersting case where Microsoft doesnt believe Delete should mean Delete
I guess.

Thank you.

"JeffH" wrote:

Hello. I have read and tired all the relevant posts I can find on this site
including:
1. The ever popular link to contextures
2. Saving as HTML and resaving as a workbook
3. Verifying there are no named ranges

Basically, I have a workbook with one worksheet which contains nothing at
all. I can select the entire worksheet and Delete the contents. There are no
macros, no VBA associated with the worksheet...nothing. This workbook is
about 2mb and I am at my wits end in discovering why. Any suggestions other
than what I have already tried?

Thank you,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Images overlay cells so deleting rows and columns does not delete the objects.

Just deletes the content in the cells.

I believe Microsoft would get thoroughly blasted by users if objects were
deleted when cells were deleted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP