Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default counting data in one column and match with data in another column

Cant do me home work!!! I need to count deciduous tree sales (column2) in the
North East (colum2) I've tried every count function going but am really stuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have a look at SUMPRODUCT

Something like:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A15="deciduous")*(B1:B15="NE")*(C1 :C15))

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A15="deciduous"),--(B1:B15="NE"),(C1:C15))

Checks column A (1) for "deciduous", column B (2) for "NE" and sums column C
(3) where both conditions are true.

Regards

Trevor