Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default add cells over a picture

I am trying to show cells on top of an inseted picture. Any entries into a
cell are hidden underneath the picture. I want to use the cells and not a
text box. Any ideas? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Very easy.

Use the arrow keys to position to the cell you want to be visible and then
click in the formula bar.
--
Gary's Student

"display cells over a picture" wrote:

I am trying to show cells on top of an inseted picture. Any entries into a
cell are hidden underneath the picture. I want to use the cells and not a
text box. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Yes, you can enter values/formulas etc in the cells under the Picture
(Object) using the arrows as Gary suggest ... but once the value is in ...
the Object remains over the cell & the cell values are no longer visible ...
If you can set Excel to see cell entries thru the Object ... I would like to
see solution as well ... Thanks ... Kha

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Very easy.

Use the arrow keys to position to the cell you want to be visible and then
click in the formula bar.
--
Gary's Student

"display cells over a picture" wrote:

I am trying to show cells on top of an inseted picture. Any entries into a
cell are hidden underneath the picture. I want to use the cells and not a
text box. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I was having the same problem but with a sheet I wanted to print, I wanted
the text in cells to be in front of the picture. What I do now is insert the
picture into the header in setup of print preview. I then use the space bar
and enter key to position, but this requires you to go back and forth to
print preview etc until its where you want it. You cant see the picture in
excel but it prints, but this is only any good for printing for oblivious
reasons.