Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Translate Excel 2000 file from German into English

Does anyone know how to translate an Excel 2000 workbook from German into
english?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean the formulas: that is done automatically if you load the workbook in another language, with the exception of Analysis
Toolpak functions ans User defined functions. Be careful with literals, like format codes in the TEXT functions, R1C1 style
addresses in INDIRECT function, etc.
If you mean sheer text: you'll need translation software. You can Google to find some; don't be too optimistic aboute the quality
of your translations.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"energytechgroup" wrote in message
| Does anyone know how to translate an Excel 2000 workbook from German into
| english?
|
| Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<if you load the workbook in another language

I meant

if you load the workbook in another language version of Excel

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
| If you mean the formulas: that is done automatically if you load the workbook in another language, with the exception of
Analysis
| Toolpak functions ans User defined functions. Be careful with literals, like format codes in the TEXT functions, R1C1 style
| addresses in INDIRECT function, etc.
| If you mean sheer text: you'll need translation software. You can Google to find some; don't be too optimistic aboute the
quality
| of your translations.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "energytechgroup" wrote in message
|| Does anyone know how to translate an Excel 2000 workbook from German into
|| english?
|| Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you like, I can translate text from german into english. Human translation
is still much better than machine translation.

Irdanwen