Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carsten T N

Default How to translate excel function names from english to local langua

When finding excel examples on the internet they are often written in
english, but my office installation takes all worksheet function names in my
local language.
Can the function naming language be swithed between local language and
english, or is there a translation table somewhere ?
It takes time to try to guess all the formula translations e.g. "Match" in
english setup has to br written as "sammenlign" in a danish setup.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron de Bruin

Hi Carsten

One way

If you download my Download IDnumbersfiles.zip from
http://www.rondebruin.nl/id.htm

You can use the Functions ID numbers 2000-2003 file select the english function
If you press the "Excel help button" the Danish help will open from that function

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Carsten T N" <Carsten T wrote in message ...
When finding excel examples on the internet they are often written in
english, but my office installation takes all worksheet function names in my
local language.
Can the function naming language be swithed between local language and
english, or is there a translation table somewhere ?
It takes time to try to guess all the formula translations e.g. "Match" in
english setup has to br written as "sammenlign" in a danish setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

In the Immediate window of the VBEditor (ALT+F11), type

[A1].formula ="=B1"

where =B1 can be any English Excel formula.

In the worksheet you'll see the formula translated into the local language.
Note that quotes within quotes should be written as two quotes (still
follow?)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
I use an add-in called TranslateIT from keepitcool

http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Carsten T N" <Carsten T wrote in message
When finding excel examples on the internet they are often written in
english, but my office installation takes all worksheet function names in
my
local language.
Can the function naming language be swithed between local language and
english, or is there a translation table somewhere ?
It takes time to try to guess all the formula translations e.g. "Match"
in
english setup has to br written as "sammenlign" in a danish setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carsten T N

Default How to translate excel function names from english to local la

Hey Ron

This is exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks