Acert93

Default @ and "function not valid" error (Excel 2003)

I am using Excel 2003 as a spreadsheet for a vocabulary list for
Biblical Hebrew. The first column has the word, second a gloss
definition, third frequency, and so forth.

My problem is the Hebrew font I am using is represented by the *@* key.
In other words the letter "A" in this font is written with the "@" key.
The problem is Excel expects a forumula and wants to perform a function
when it sees

@lf

When this is just a word. Unfortunately Excel wont allow me to keep the
data in the cell and keeps giving me the function error.

How can I disable this feature? I am not doing any math or accounting,
I am just using Excel as a spreadsheet to keep all the data.

Thanks :D

--
Acert93
Acert93's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26914

Ken Wright

Try this - Precede your entries with an apostrophe, or format your cells as
TEXT before you enter data.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03