Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I use Excel to compare two list

I have a massive spreadsheat of MRP data for each partnumber in the system.
There are over 13,000 rows of data with fields going out to column BN.

I need to compare a list of known good data to an updated list to see if any
data has changed and if any new partnumbers were added.

I have tried the 4 TOPS software I found on this site but I don't really
trust it yet. It seems to be always running in the background even after I
shut it off.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a small example I concocked:
In Sheet1 I entered into A1:C3
abc dfg uyt
123.00 fg tre
543.00 gh 432.00
In Sheet2 I entered into A1:C3
abc ldfg uyt
123.00 fg tre
543.00 gggh 432.00

In Sheet3 - Cell A1 I entered
=EXACT(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!A1)
and then copied to all cells thru
C3.

Any Cell in sheet3 with TRUE
means No Differences in Sheet1 and Sheet2
False indicates a Difference;

Hope this helps,

Jim

"Data Miner" wrote:

I have a massive spreadsheat of MRP data for each partnumber in the system.
There are over 13,000 rows of data with fields going out to column BN.

I need to compare a list of known good data to an updated list to see if any
data has changed and if any new partnumbers were added.

I have tried the 4 TOPS software I found on this site but I don't really
trust it yet. It seems to be always running in the background even after I
shut it off.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This does help however I have found that some of my data is out of sequence
gives me in accurate "FALSE" responses.

Several Part numbers were added to the middle of the new list and throws off
the report. Once I added spaces to the old list to compensate, the formula
works great.

Finding and fixing the mismatches is time consuming.