Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there an excel funtion that retreives the last cell of a list

Is there an excel funtion that retreives the last cell of a list that
contains data. And then one that will find the next to the last, etc. The
list, or series kees getting longer but I always want to link a cell in a
table to the last data of the list, at the end of the list. With the offset
function it can be done but I was wondering if there was a better function.

version: excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since you are on Excel 2003, convert the data area of interest into a
list by means of Data|List|Create List. Example:

Item
7
8
9
75

The area to convert is A1:A5.

In order to link to the last cell, invoke:

=INDEX(A2:A5,ROWS(A2:A5))

When new records are added to the list, the formula adjusts itself
automatically.