Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Confused with RangeName CellREfs

I have created 50 Range names and at the time
I created them I was in a sheet named PaySchedule

Now weeks later as I return to the file - If PaySchedule
is the activesheet I can click on the RangeName Box (Upper left)
and see all 50 of my names with all the RefersTo boxes showing
=PaySchedule!A11 example. There is a Second Column which is also showing
PayScheule

If I got to another sheet - they do not appear in the RangeBox of that sheet,
and if I do the Insert, Range, and scroll-down and select a rangename
and look in the refersto box, it shows:
=#REF!$A$11

Is this a postional (error) thing?

Actually, I use VBA Code to read
With wb.Worksheets("PaySchedule")
p(1) = .Range("PaDep").Value
p(2) = .Range("PaRls").Value
p(3) = .Range("PaCom").Value

To read the values into an array for further processing

If anyone can pickup on my confusion, I'd appreciate
soem clarification - so that I can relax !!

Tks,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've since discovered that all my two-column RangeNames
in the RefersTo: Box showed =PaySchedule!$A$11 versus
='PaySchedule'!$A$11 - so I deleted them and re-entered
them All. Now all rangenames are one-column only and
They all appear from all worksheets from the Rangename Box.

I still think I'm missing somthing important here, But I'll consult
my 8 Excel Reference books for the indepth answer.
Tks,

Jim