Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation dialog box NO in-cell dropdown option

Ok this is strange, using data validation, I do NOT have a in-cell dropdown
option in the Data Validation dialog box.
If I open a file with data validation and select a cell with it the option
is there, but if I select another cell the option is not there. I can copy
the cell with validation and the drop down will show up when I paste it but
if I change the validation rule it goes away! ???
Using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3

Any Ideas
Thanks Paul B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The in-cell dropdown option will appear when you select "list" from the "Allow"
dialog.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP