Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making A Table of Contents

Hello, I would like to make a table of contents. In the table of contents I
would like to link the headings to the locations throughout the sheets. For
example, if I were to click on the TOC Heading DATABASES.. it would take me
to the location in the sheets where all the database information is. Does
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is one I use to goto a sheet/workbook desired. This idea can be used to
do what you like. Right click sheet tabview codecopy/pastemodify to
suitsave workbook. Then double click on typed text in cell.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim WantedSheet As String
WantedSheet = Trim(ActiveCell.Value)
If WantedSheet = "" Then Exit Sub
On Error Resume Next
If Sheets(ActiveCell.Value) Is Nothing Then
GetWorkbook ' calls another macro to do that
Else
Sheets(ActiveCell.Value).Select
ActiveSheet.Range("a4").Select
End If
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"robertstovertoronto" wrote
in message ...
Hello, I would like to make a table of contents. In the table of contents
would like to link the headings to the locations throughout the sheets.
For
example, if I were to click on the TOC Heading DATABASES.. it would take
me
to the location in the sheets where all the database information is. Does
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have around 200 unique texts in each cell in Worksheet1.

I have the 200 uniques texts with their description & contents in worksheet2.

When I click the uniques text in worksheet1 I should be taken/focused to the
cell with the same text in Worksheet2 (Hyperlink or ToC)

Is there a function for this in Excel? rather than a macro ? This would be a
combination of VLOOKUP & HYPERLINK functions.

Thanks