Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Table of Contents (Exact match Hyperlinks?)

I have two sheets in my workbook.

One has a listing of table headers like:

BOBSTABLE01 - Test for Usenet Help (Cell A1, Sheet 1)

The second sheet contains the same header followed by details of the
file:

BOBSTABLE01 - Test for Usenet Help (Cell A6, Sheet 2)
FROM TO FIELD NAME
1 1 XXXXXXX
2 26 XXXXX
27 36 XXXXX
37 40 XXXXXXX
41 44 XXXXX
45 45 XXXXXXXX
46 55 XXXXXX
56 59 XXXXX
60 63 XXXXXXX

I would like to create a hyperlink from sheet one which would direct me

to the correct info on sheet two. I can do this manually but it is very

time consuming(1,590 links), is there a way to write a code that will
look for an exact match from sheet one to sheet two and hyperlink it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assuming in Sheet2's A6 you have:
BOBSTABLE01 - Test for Usenet Help
(note that the sheetname is assumed Sheet2, wo the space in between)

and in Sheet1's A1, you have:
BOBSTABLE01 - Test for Usenet Help

Then in Sheet1,
Put in say, B1:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDIRECT("'Sheet2'!A "&MATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0))),INDIRECT("'Sheet2'!A"&M ATCH(A1,Sheet2!A:A,0)))

This will produce a hyperlink in B1 which jumps to Sheet2's A6 when clicked
Copy B1 down to return correspondingly
--
Max
Singapore