Gary

Default how do i create a short cut on my desktop for a excell file?

I would like to have a short cut from my desktop to open a specific excell
file, can someone give me each step.

Jeff H

Do a "File - Open" in Excel. After finding the file in the location
where you saved it, right click on the filename. From that menu select
"Send To" and from the next submenu select "Desktop (create shortcut)"

That should put a shortcut on your desktop.

Peo Sjoblom

Not an excel but more of a windows question if that's what you are using,
right click desktop, select new shortcut,
browse to select the excel file, click next and either keep the name or give
it another name, click finsh

Peo Sjoblom

"Gary" wrote in message
I would like to have a short cut from my desktop to open a specific excell
file, can someone give me each step.

Paul B

Gary, open the folder where the file is then right click on the file, send
to, shortcut to desktop
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003