Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Group Cell??? so could enter just once...

Hi everyone..

This is what I am looking for..

When I enter "W" on Cell K4 and then "W" will automatically enter on Cell O9

When I enter "L" on Cell N4 and then "L" will automatically enter on Cell O10

etc... etc...

Is it possible to do that???

Please let me know and thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Perhaps this might suffice ..
In O9: =IF(K4<"W","",K4)
In O10: =IF(N4<"L","",N4)
--
Max
Singapore
"Astroboy" wrote:
Hi everyone..

This is what I am looking for..

When I enter "W" on Cell K4 and then "W" will automatically enter on Cell O9

When I enter "L" on Cell N4 and then "L" will automatically enter on Cell O10

etc... etc...

Is it possible to do that???

Please let me know and thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Max,

Thank you for the reply.

But I am new to the Excel so where and how do you put those formula?

Please let me know..

Oh and Cell K4 and Cell N4 it could have "W" or "L"

So if I put W it will shows W on other Cell and if I put L then it will
shows L

Thank you...

"Max" wrote:

Perhaps this might suffice ..
In O9: =IF(K4<"W","",K4)
In O10: =IF(N4<"L","",N4)
--
"Astroboy" wrote:
Hi everyone..

This is what I am looking for..

When I enter "W" on Cell K4 and then "W" will automatically enter on Cell O9

When I enter "L" on Cell N4 and then "L" will automatically enter on Cell O10

etc... etc...

Is it possible to do that???

Please let me know and thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

... Cell K4 and Cell N4 it could have "W" or "L"
So if I put W it will show W on other Cell
and if I put L then it will show L

Ah, perhaps try this then ..

Put in the formula bar for O9:
=IF(K4="","",K4)

Put in the formula bar for O10:
=IF(N4="","",N4)

You could just select the formula from the post, copy it. Then in Excel,
select the formula cell, eg O9, then click inside the formula bar, then
right-click paste, and press ENTER. Repeat likewise for the formula that's
meant to be placed in O10.
--
"Astroboy" wrote in message
Hello Max,

Thank you for the reply.

But I am new to the Excel so where and how do you put those formula?

Please let me know..

Oh and Cell K4 and Cell N4 it could have "W" or "L"

So if I put W it will shows W on other Cell and if I put L then it will
shows L

Thank you...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max,

That works, great and thank you~~~!!!!

I am so sorry for keep asking the questions..

On Cell K4:

If input is "N" then Cell O9 shows "N"

If input is "W" then Cell O9 show "L"

If input is "L" then Cell O9 show "W"

How can I set up the formula for above task???

Once again thank you for your great help~~~~~~~

"Astroboy" wrote in message
Hello Max,

Thank you for the reply.

But I am new to the Excel so where and how do you put those formula?

Please let me know..

Oh and Cell K4 and Cell N4 it could have "W" or "L"

So if I put W it will shows W on other Cell and if I put L then it will
shows L

Thank you...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Astroboy" wrote:
.. On Cell K4:
If input is "N" then Cell O9 shows "N"
If input is "W" then Cell O9 show "L"
If input is "L" then Cell O9 show "W"

Put in the formula bar for O9:
=IF(K4="N","N",IF(K4="W","L",IF(K4="L","W","")))

I've presumed you want O9 to appear "blank" if the input in K4 is other than
what you described above.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Astroboy" wrote in message
Hi Max,

It works and Big Thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max,

One More question: :)

In Cell 16:

If input is A then ABC will show on same Cell (Cell 16)
If input is D then DEF will show on same cell (Cell 16)
If input is N then N will show on same cell (Cell 16)
And "blank" if the input in Cell 16 is other than
what I described above.

Any Idea?

And again Thank you!!!!

"Max" wrote:

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Astroboy" wrote in message
Hi Max,

It works and Big Thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max,

One More question: :)

In Cell 16:

If input is A then ABC will show on same Cell (Cell 16)
If input is D then DEF will show on same cell (Cell 16)
If input is N then N will show on same cell (Cell 16)
And "blank" if the input in Cell 16 is other than
what I described above.

Any Idea?

And again Thank you!!!!!

"Max" wrote:

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Astroboy" wrote in message
Hi Max,

It works and Big Thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max,

One More question: :)

In Cell 16:

If input is A then ABC will show on same Cell (Cell 16)
If input is D then DEF will show on same cell (Cell 16)
If input is N then N will show on same cell (Cell 16)
And "blank" if the input in Cell 16 is other than
what I described above.

Any Idea?

And again Thank you!!!!!

"Max" wrote:

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Astroboy" wrote in message
Hi Max,

It works and Big Thank you~~~~

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

A cell can only house either a formula or a value at any one time. You'd
need a sub to achieve this. There are responders versed in vba who could
help you (I'm not one of them). Suggest that you put in your new query as a
new posting.