Old October 10th 06, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to only protect/lock cell formats?

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with an area for others to enter data. Formating in
this area is controlled by a bunch of conditional formats.

Is there a simple way to permit changes to the contents of the cell but that
prevents changes to the formats when users either use "Clear All" or cut data
and paste elsewhere?

The spreadsheet needs to remain free of macros/scripts.

Thanks in advance,

Glen