Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I display limited columns in excel?

I am trying to make a form and I can't figure out how to display a limited
number of rows or colums. For example I only want there to be 30 rows
instead of the infinite number by default. I have a file that is like this
so I know it can be done, I just don't know how to get there.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has 256 columns and 65536 rows so this is not an "infinite" amount.

Just select the columns and rows you don't want to see and hide tham.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:21:02 -0700, Tense Tom <Tense
wrote:

I am trying to make a form and I can't figure out how to display a limited
number of rows or colums. For example I only want there to be 30 rows
instead of the infinite number by default. I have a file that is like this
so I know it can be done, I just don't know how to get there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight rows 31 through 65536. Right-click on one of the row numbers on
the right side of the worksheet. Select 'Hide'. You can hide columns the
same way.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Tense Tom" wrote:

I am trying to make a form and I can't figure out how to display a limited
number of rows or colums. For example I only want there to be 30 rows
instead of the infinite number by default. I have a file that is like this
so I know it can be done, I just don't know how to get there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured it out.

Select the row or column after the last one that you want displayed. Then
hold Shift+Ctrl+ the down or right arrow key depending upon whether you have
columns or row selcted. Then hide them.