SteveVT

Default Excell

My excell spreadsheet shading does not show on the screen. It comes and goes
seemingly at random. The colors of the column and row indicators are also
different colors than they used to be. The shading shows up in print preview
and in my printed documents. How can I fix it? I tried reinstalling Office
and it worked for a few minutes the the shading disappeared again.
Gord Dibben

Steve

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

As far as the column and row indicator colors go, these are governed by your
Windows Themes setting.

The coming and going part makes me wonder if your Display Driver might need
upgrading.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP