Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing Multiple Defined Names At Once?

I've inherited a workbook with some 100 or so defiined names, each of them
tailored to refer to vertical single-column ranges in different sheets in the
workbook. At some point I'll just recreate the whole thing to eliminate many
of the names, but for now I need to change the range references to all of
them so the final row is the same (row 1000). Is there a quicker way to do
this than manually changing the reference to each in the "Define Names" box?

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi wuddus,

I suggest you download Name Manager (developed by me and Jan Karel Pieterse)
from
http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm

You can use the List command to create a list of defined names on a
worksheet, then you can edit the refersto-formulae on the sheet using
find/replace and then you can use the Pickup command to change the names as
defined on the worksheet.

In the FastExcel version of Name Manager there is a built-in Find/replace
command.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"wuddus" wrote in message
I've inherited a workbook with some 100 or so defiined names, each of them
tailored to refer to vertical single-column ranges in different sheets in
the
workbook. At some point I'll just recreate the whole thing to eliminate
many
of the names, but for now I need to change the range references to all of
them so the final row is the same (row 1000). Is there a quicker way to do
this than manually changing the reference to each in the "Define Names"
box?

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the tip! I've downloaded the file and will try to install it this
afternoon.( I tried once, but got an error message. I wonder if there's an
issue since I'm running Excel for Mac.)

I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again--it looks like this will
save me a LOT of time! very cool looking!

"wuddus" wrote in message
I've inherited a workbook with some 100 or so defiined names, each of them
tailored to refer to vertical single-column ranges in different sheets in
the
workbook. At some point I'll just recreate the whole thing to eliminate
many
of the names, but for now I need to change the range references to all of
them so the final row is the same (row 1000). Is there a quicker way to do
this than manually changing the reference to each in the "Define Names"
box?

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi wuddus,
for the mac you need the 2.3 version, not the 4.0 version
Charles