Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wuddus Wuddus is offline

Default Changing Multiple Defined Names At Once?

Thanks for the tip! I've downloaded the file and will try to install it this
afternoon.( I tried once, but got an error message. I wonder if there's an
issue since I'm running Excel for Mac.)

I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again--it looks like this will
save me a LOT of time! very cool looking!

"Charles Williams" wrote:

Hi wuddus,

I suggest you download Name Manager (developed by me and Jan Karel Pieterse)
from
http://www.DecisionModels.com/downloads.htm

You can use the List command to create a list of defined names on a
worksheet, then you can edit the refersto-formulae on the sheet using
find/replace and then you can use the Pickup command to change the names as
defined on the worksheet.

In the FastExcel version of Name Manager there is a built-in Find/replace
command.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"wuddus" wrote in message
I've inherited a workbook with some 100 or so defiined names, each of them
tailored to refer to vertical single-column ranges in different sheets in
the
workbook. At some point I'll just recreate the whole thing to eliminate
many
of the names, but for now I need to change the range references to all of
them so the final row is the same (row 1000). Is there a quicker way to do
this than manually changing the reference to each in the "Define Names"
box?

Help!