Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sumif to external file

I'm trying to create a sumif statement that pulls data from an external file.
I am also trying to enter the path of the file using the full UNC path. If I
create the formula without entering the UNC and just leave it as the default
file name etc. it works fine. With the UNC path, I get the error. It also
appears that the linked file needs to be open or it returns a value error. Is
this true that both files do need to be open?

--
harriettbird
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use SUMPRODUCT instead of SUMIF...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(CondRange="Criteria"),RangeToSum)

If the criteria is a numerical value, remove the quotes.

Hope this helps!