Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Louise

Default Import External Data Source File Location Changed

Hi,

I have setup an Access database which holds tables of information I need to
present in Excel. I have setup an 'Import External Data' Access Query, which
works fine and pulls through fresh data when I refresh the query, however I
moved the source file to another location and it can't find it.

Is there a way I can change this, I have 12 worksheets linking to different
tables in this database and am slightly reluctant to set them up again if I
don't need to.

Thanks for any help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:

Put a copy of the Access database back in its original location

In your workbook, edit the query (DataImport External DataEdit Query)
From the query window, click the [SQL] button.
-The SQL code should display the location of the Access file.
--Change it to the new location
Then, return the data.

Last step: Delete the copy of the MDB file

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Louise" wrote:

Hi,

I have setup an Access database which holds tables of information I need to
present in Excel. I have setup an 'Import External Data' Access Query, which
works fine and pulls through fresh data when I refresh the query, however I
moved the source file to another location and it can't find it.

Is there a way I can change this, I have 12 worksheets linking to different
tables in this database and am slightly reluctant to set them up again if I
don't need to.

Thanks for any help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Thanks for the feedback...I'm glad I could help.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Put a copy of the Access database back in its original location

In your workbook, edit the query (DataImport External DataEdit Query)
From the query window, click the [SQL] button.