Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Validation List

I want to use a listbox for a cell. But I want to have 2 different lists to
choose form based on what a certain cell is. EXAMPLE in cell A2 I want to
have a list box. Now if A1 shows "2418" then I want A2 to have a list showing
different options. And if A1 shows "2499" then I want A2 to have a list with
different options. Is this possibe? if so, how do I do it.
Thanks in advace

Travis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do I specify that a list is part of "List 1" or "List 2"?
I go to Data, then Validation, then select List. Then I enter the formula
you gave me. But it tells me that "A named range you specified cannot be
found"

Also, What if I want the List 1 to display when A$1$ equals 2418 or 2419 or
2410 etc.

"Tdahlman" wrote in message
I want to use a listbox for a cell. But I want to have 2 different lists

choose form based on what a certain cell is. EXAMPLE in cell A2 I want to
have a list box. Now if A1 shows "2418" then I want A2 to have a list

showing
different options. And if A1 shows "2499" then I want A2 to have a list

with
different options. Is this possibe? if so, how do I do it.
Thanks in advace

Travis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I still need to know how to use 3 and 4 lists and have multiple options for
one list. EXAMPLE: If A1 = 2418 or 2419 or 2410 or 2422 , then use List1. But
if A1 = 2432 or 2499, then use List2, And if A1 = 2480, then use List3, And
if A1 = 2452 or 2453 or 4552 or 4553, then use List4?

Please help.
Thanks in advance

Travis