Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculations in piviot tables

I am pulling data from analysis services into a piviot table. Is there a way
withing the pivot table to add a calculation please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is some starter information

If you need something more complex, click on the pivot table toolbar, then
Formulas calculated field. You can do more complicated things there. Play
around with that a bit and I am sure you will get what you need.

--
Allllen

"sansimeon" wrote:

I am pulling data from analysis services into a piviot table. Is there a way
withing the pivot table to add a calculation please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

In addition to Allllen's suggestion, it can sometimes be difficult to
achieve just what you want with calculated fields or calculated items
inside the PT.
If this is the case, then an additional column in the source data to
carry out your calculation, and then including the new column in the
range for the PT can provide the answer.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"sansimeon" wrote:

I am pulling data from analysis services into a piviot table. Is
there a way
withing the pivot table to add a calculation please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. I have added calculated members to my OPAP cube and associated
these with the dimension I am using for the row layout. All looks ok in the
cube yet in the pivot table I can only see the calculated members when I use
this dimension for a report filter as soon as I use it for a row or column
layout it disappears.