Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Downloading files from an Intranet site to Excel

I have a task to do at work daily, open a webpage on the intranet,
specify the necessary criteria via combo boxes, (always the same), then
I get an option to download a file. I have to Open the file in Internet
Explorer as Saving it corrupts the data, then I can save the data into
a folder on my hard drive, (always the same place and same file name).
Is there anyway i can automate this process via a web query. I have
already tried it but I get a mixed result, sometimes I get the headers
only, other times I get only the first page. The file I am downloading
is a CSV file in case that makes a difference.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Droidy,

Hope this helps

http://www.tethyssolutions.com/macro-automation.htm

There are certain freeware in the net which are available.

Basically these softwares record your mouse movement, keyboard strokes and
repeat it again and again, when you play that sequence.

So the fact remains that you can't change the resolution, we can change the
file names / location dynamically. For every change you have re-record the
macro.

I have used a freeware earlier and it did the job.

Before you run a macro, locate the key to stop the macro, because as the
macro starts running and if it starts making wrong clicks, you have stop it
immediately before something bizzare happens.

Never touch your keyboard or move your mouse, when such macros are running.

To locate freeware search "Automate; macros; windows; freeware" in google.
You will get some freeware.

regards
L. Vasudev Nathan
Baltimore MD