Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] alex_f_il@hotmail.com is offline

Default Downloading files from an Intranet site to Excel

You can easily automate the task with SWExplorerAutomation
(http://webunitesting.com) .

Droidy wrote:
I have a task to do at work daily, open a webpage on the intranet,
specify the necessary criteria via combo boxes, (always the same), then
I get an option to download a file. I have to Open the file in Internet
Explorer as Saving it corrupts the data, then I can save the data into
a folder on my hard drive, (always the same place and same file name).
Is there anyway i can automate this process via a web query. I have
already tried it but I get a mixed result, sometimes I get the headers
only, other times I get only the first page. The file I am downloading
is a CSV file in case that makes a difference.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks