Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default save as w/sheet

I would like to save a download csv file as w/sheet in a excel file.How?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...
I would like to save a download csv file as w/sheet in a excel file.How?

In Excel, go to File-open. Change the file type at the bottom to csv,
navigate to where you saved the file to. Then follow the instructions.

I would also suggest that you buy and read the book "Excel for Dummies"
(seriously!).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I could not follow,canyou please explain in detail. BullionPrices.csv file
is in the web.One of w/book named raju.xls contains a sheet named
BullionPrices.I want the above BullionPrices.csv replaces my BullionPrices
w/sheet.Any easy remedy/

"Gordon" wrote:

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...
I would like to save a download csv file as w/sheet in a excel file.How?

In Excel, go to File-open. Change the file type at the bottom to csv,
navigate to where you saved the file to. Then follow the instructions.

I would also suggest that you buy and read the book "Excel for Dummies"
(seriously!).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You won't be able to save a sheet direct to the web. You could copy it out
and save it as a csv file, then FTP it up.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...
I could not follow,canyou please explain in detail. BullionPrices.csv

file
is in the web.One of w/book named raju.xls contains a sheet named
BullionPrices.I want the above BullionPrices.csv replaces my BullionPrices
w/sheet.Any easy remedy/

"Gordon" wrote:

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote

in
message ...
I would like to save a download csv file as w/sheet in a excel

file.How?

In Excel, go to File-open. Change the file type at the bottom to csv,
navigate to where you saved the file to. Then follow the instructions.

I would also suggest that you buy and read the book "Excel for Dummies"
(seriously!).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if this helps: (Found in Excel Help "Import and Export Text Files"

You can convert a text file created from another program to a Microsoft
Excel file by using the Open command (on the File menu) in Excel. When you
open a file, Excel converts the file automatically.

You can also import a text file with the Import Data command (Get External
Data submenu on the Data menu). When you import a text file, Excel displays
the Text Import Wizard, which provides additional flexibility and options for
deciding how to import the text file, and then converts the file. For more
information, see the Help topic, Import a text file.

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote:

I could not follow,canyou please explain in detail. BullionPrices.csv file
is in the web.One of w/book named raju.xls contains a sheet named
BullionPrices.I want the above BullionPrices.csv replaces my BullionPrices
w/sheet.Any easy remedy/

"Gordon" wrote:

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...