Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Work schedule development question

I am responsible for developing a work schedule for my employees. There are
approximately 25 employees. Each name is listed in a different coulmn. The
date of the month is listed in seperate rows across the top of the page. The
employees either work 8, 10 or 13 hours. I created a seperate coulmn at the
bottom of each row for each shift 8, 10 & 13 hours. Is there a way that I
can setup up the spreadsheet so that the number of 8, 10 or 13 hour employees
are automatically updated at the bottom to show me how many of each I have
working on a given day when I enter them into their individual coulmns for
each day?

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul,

Thank you very much. Yes I was clearly wrong about coulmns and rows. One
more question if its not too much to ask. Occasionally a person who works 10
hours for the daytime will also be the same person that is doing a full 24
hour shift so he or she is listed as a "24" instead of a "10" on the
schedule. Is there anyway I can get the "24" to be counted along with the
"10's" at the bottom of the page where all of the other "10's" are added?

Thanks again.

"paul" wrote:

i think you are trying to confuse us.I honestly think you have rows and
columns reveresed.
Amyway assuming there is an 8 10 or 13 entered in each persons row for each
column(day) then in each row a t the bottom corresponding to an 8 10 or 13
hor shift a simple countif(A1:A25,"8") for 8 etc
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"edju" wrote:

I am responsible for developing a work schedule for my employees. There are
approximately 25 employees. Each name is listed in a different coulmn. The
date of the month is listed in seperate rows across the top of the page. The
employees either work 8, 10 or 13 hours. I created a seperate coulmn at the
bottom of each row for each shift 8, 10 & 13 hours. Is there a way that I
can setup up the spreadsheet so that the number of 8, 10 or 13 hour employees
are automatically updated at the bottom to show me how many of each I have
working on a given day when I enter them into their individual coulmns for
each day?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

do you want the 24 counted as a 10 or shown as a seperate total in the 10 cell?
either way in the 10 cell have this formula to show 24 shift seperately
=COUNTIF($C$7:$C$16,"10")&" 10hr &"&COUNTIF(C7:C16,"24")&" 24hr"
this will display say 12 10hr & 2 24hr
or
=COUNTIF($C$7:$C$16,"10")+COUNTIF(C7:C16,"24")
will display 14