Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul paul is offline

Default Work schedule development question

i think you are trying to confuse us.I honestly think you have rows and
columns reveresed.
Amyway assuming there is an 8 10 or 13 entered in each persons row for each
column(day) then in each row a t the bottom corresponding to an 8 10 or 13
hor shift a simple countif(A1:A25,"8") for 8 etc
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"edju" wrote:

I am responsible for developing a work schedule for my employees. There are
approximately 25 employees. Each name is listed in a different coulmn. The
date of the month is listed in seperate rows across the top of the page. The
employees either work 8, 10 or 13 hours. I created a seperate coulmn at the
bottom of each row for each shift 8, 10 & 13 hours. Is there a way that I
can setup up the spreadsheet so that the number of 8, 10 or 13 hour employees
are automatically updated at the bottom to show me how many of each I have
working on a given day when I enter them into their individual coulmns for
each day?

Thanks for your help!