Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Drop Downs Or Combo Boxes to Look up and display Info

Hi there,
I've been trying to create a data base where as the users are able to
click on drop down boxes or combo boxes on the first sheet with
specific subjects in them so that the data base then looks up the
selected subject sleected in that box to bring up associated info and
then displaying it on the same sheet as the drop down in the cells
directly to the right of the box. creating the drop downs using
validation process was no problem but now I'm stuck any idea of where
to go from here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would most likely use VLOOKUP formulas to return the data associated with
the selected subject.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for VLOOKUP instructions.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

I could say see Help but Debra has so much more and pictures to boot<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 14 Sep 2006 15:52:17 -0700, "Wyveryn"
wrote:

Hi there,
I've been trying to create a data base where as the users are able to
click on drop down boxes or combo boxes on the first sheet with
specific subjects in them so that the data base then looks up the
selected subject sleected in that box to bring up associated info and
then displaying it on the same sheet as the drop down in the cells
directly to the right of the box. creating the drop downs using
validation process was no problem but now I'm stuck any idea of where
to go from here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I ended up using just a very basic (IF) formula it seems to get the job
done thanks for all your help