Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problems opening file

I'm running Excel 2000, and I'm trying to open a file from a network drive.
It starts to open it, and then freezes, and I can't use Excel anymore. This
happened before, with a different file, and rebooting the computer solved
the problem, but not this time. Anyone have any insight?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you open other Excel files from the same directory? Perhaps the file in
question is corrupted?

Can you open other office documents, such as Word docs, from the directory?
If you can't perhaps there's a problem with the network, in which case your
issue would be outside the scope of this newsgroup.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Russ" wrote:

I'm running Excel 2000, and I'm trying to open a file from a network drive.
It starts to open it, and then freezes, and I can't use Excel anymore. This
happened before, with a different file, and rebooting the computer solved
the problem, but not this time. Anyone have any insight?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Everything else opens ok. Not sure how the file would've been corrupted, it
worked fine yesterday and there's only one other person who has access to it.
And like I said, this has happened before with a different file.

"Russ" wrote:

I'm running Excel 2000, and I'm trying to open a file from a network drive.
It starts to open it, and then freezes, and I can't use Excel anymore. This
happened before, with a different file, and rebooting the computer solved
the problem, but not this time. Anyone have any insight?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having a similar issue. I double click on an excel file and it
starts to open excel, however in stead of getting a window of cells, I
can see my desktop background.. if I hit my arrow keys I can see the
cell number changing in the top left.
If I click on excel and then open a file from there, it comes right
up...
is yours acting like this as well?