Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Russ Russ is offline

Default Problems opening file

Everything else opens ok. Not sure how the file would've been corrupted, it
worked fine yesterday and there's only one other person who has access to it.
And like I said, this has happened before with a different file.

"Dave F" wrote:

Can you open other Excel files from the same directory? Perhaps the file in
question is corrupted?

Can you open other office documents, such as Word docs, from the directory?
If you can't perhaps there's a problem with the network, in which case your
issue would be outside the scope of this newsgroup.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Russ" wrote:

I'm running Excel 2000, and I'm trying to open a file from a network drive.
It starts to open it, and then freezes, and I can't use Excel anymore. This
happened before, with a different file, and rebooting the computer solved
the problem, but not this time. Anyone have any insight?