Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to use an IF Statement in excel to check cell pattern-how?

I am using nested IF staements to check value conditions of cells. As wel as
checking for blanks and acceptable values I want to check if the Cell Pattern
< Red. Can this final check be done in the IF statement.

Appreciate any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this link to Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

A user-defined function can return the background colour of a cell, so
you could use this in your formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Aidan wrote:
I am using nested IF staements to check value conditions of cells. As wel as
checking for blanks and acceptable values I want to check if the Cell Pattern
< Red. Can this final check be done in the IF statement.

Appreciate any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to use an IF Statement in excel to check cell pattern-h

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. The colorindex reference is useful but is it true that
I can not use it directly in an IF statement, do I have to use it in VBA
coding ?

"Aidan" wrote in message
I am using nested IF staements to check value conditions of cells. As wel

as
checking for blanks and acceptable values I want to check if the Cell

Pattern
< Red. Can this final check be done in the IF statement.

Appreciate any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What's a guy in the UK doing posting at 2:05 am?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...

Aidan wrote:
I am using nested IF staements to check value conditions of cells.

As wel as
checking for blanks and acceptable values I want to check if the

Cell Pattern
< Red. Can this final check be done in the IF statement.

Appreciate any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's close to the dawn chorus!

Bob

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
What's a guy in the UK doing posting at 2:05 am?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...

Aidan wrote:
I am using nested IF staements to check value conditions of

cells.
As wel as
checking for blanks and acceptable values I want to check if the

Cell Pattern
< Red. Can this final check be done in the IF statement.

Appreciate any help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And I was back in action for 8:30am !! All you sleepy-heads who need 8
hours sleep - you waste so much of your life <vbg

Pete

Bob Phillips wrote:
That's close to the dawn chorus!

Bob

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
What's a guy in the UK doing posting at 2:05 am?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...