Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default I want to use an IF Statement in excel to check cell pattern-h

What's a guy in the UK doing posting at 2:05 am?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is no standard function in Excel to return the background colour
of a cell - you have to make your own, and that means a bit of VBA.

Pete

Aidan wrote:
Thanks Pete,

Good link but unfortunately I do not want to have to use VBA

Regards
Aidan

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this link to Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

A user-defined function can return the background colour of a cell, so
you could use this in your formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Aidan wrote:
I am using nested IF staements to check value conditions of cells.

As wel as
checking for blanks and acceptable values I want to check if the

Cell Pattern
< Red. Can this final check be done in the IF statement.

Appreciate any help ?