Carlos A.

Default How do I add a check mark in a cell in a spreadsheet in Excel?

I want to check out a number of entries in a spreadsheet. The program is
Excel in MS Office 2000. I want to use the typical " check out" symbol. I
have not found it
in( what I believe) is the set of available symbols coming with it. Can you
help me?
Thank you for that.
Anne Troy

Likely, you'll want to use the Forms toolbar, Carlos. View--Toolbars,
Forms.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Carlos A." wrote in message
I want to check out a number of entries in a spreadsheet. The program is
Excel in MS Office 2000. I want to use the typical " check out" symbol. I
have not found it
in( what I believe) is the set of available symbols coming with it. Can

you
help me?
Thank you for that.

Tushar Mehta

If your version of XL doesn't support Insert | Symbol... (I don't know
when MS introduced it), use the Character Map program in Windows. In
Win XP it is Windows Taskbar | Start | All Programs | Accessories |
System Tools | Character Map.

Find the symbol you like, then copy+paste into XL.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I want to check out a number of entries in a spreadsheet. The program is
Excel in MS Office 2000. I want to use the typical " check out" symbol. I
have not found it
in( what I believe) is the set of available symbols coming with it. Can you
help me?
Thank you for that.

Henry

Carlos,

In your cell, change the font to Wingdings.
The tick (Checkmark) is in there.
Go to your cell and hold down the left Alt key while you type in 97 on the
numberpad.
Release the Alt key and the tick will be there.

Alt 97 works on my machine at work (Win 2K, XL2K) but not at home (XP,XLXP)?

You can go to ProgramsAccessoriesSystemToolsCharacter Map and look in
Wingdings. Copy the tick to a spare cell. You can copy this to wherever you
need.

Henry

"Carlos A." wrote in message
I want to check out a number of entries in a spreadsheet. The program is
Excel in MS Office 2000. I want to use the typical " check out" symbol. I
have not found it
in( what I believe) is the set of available symbols coming with it. Can
you
help me?
Thank you for that.

Carlos A.

Henry,

Thank you for your help. I am using XP and - as you said - Alt 97 in
Wingdings did not work. I will try using the Character map of Wingdings.

"Carlos A." wrote in message
I want to check out a number of entries in a spreadsheet. The program is
Excel in MS Office 2000. I want to use the typical " check out" symbol. I
have not found it
in( what I believe) is the set of available symbols coming with it. Can
you
help me?
Thank you for that.

Carlos A.

Tushar:

With your reply and Henry's - who specified the characters under the
Wingdings table - I have resolved my problem. Thank you very much.