Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default list that alphabetizes itself w/each new name

How do I make a customer list that alphabetizes itself with each new entry?
I need to have individual sheets for each customer ( the main issue is that
visit dates must be documented, whether on indivual sheets of on the same as
for all customers.
thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try following:
put this macro in the worksheet with the list:
'--------------------------------

If Target.Column = 2 Then '2 means column B
Range("B2:B15000").Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
'-------------------------------------------

hope that helps

Cheers Carlo

"rijisaac" wrote:

How do I make a customer list that alphabetizes itself with each new entry?
I need to have individual sheets for each customer ( the main issue is that
visit dates must be documented, whether on indivual sheets of on the same as
for all customers.
thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Change-event macro ...........

If Target.Column = 1 Then
Range("A:A").Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

Range("A65000").Select
Selection.End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select

hth
Vaya con Dios,