Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error: method 'select' of object_worksheet' failed

I am trying to open an Excel file from Explorer and get the following
message, "method 'select' of object_worksheet' failed" following by being
notified that Excel must close. I am not RAM limited but tried rebooting
anyway to no avail. When I open the same file from Excel it works fine. The
file has an auto_open macro that minimizes the window, selects a certain
worksheet based on criteria and performs a copy and paste special of the
current time in one of the worksheets. Can someone tell me what might be
happening here? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open Excel, click on Tools|Options, select the General Tab and untick the
option Ignore Other Applications.

Close Excel, and try and reopen from explorer.

"Carl" wrote:

I am trying to open an Excel file from Explorer and get the following
message, "method 'select' of object_worksheet' failed" following by being
notified that Excel must close. I am not RAM limited but tried rebooting
anyway to no avail. When I open the same file from Excel it works fine. The
file has an auto_open macro that minimizes the window, selects a certain
worksheet based on criteria and performs a copy and paste special of the
current time in one of the worksheets. Can someone tell me what might be
happening here? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That error then comes from the macro you are talking about! I suggest you
check the code, and maybe in VBE run Debug|Compile VBA Project. See if you
come up with the same error. If that does not help, you may have to post the
actual code, and I'm sure someone will be able to assist you!