Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carl Carl is offline

Default Error: method 'select' of object_worksheet' failed

Thanks, Kassie. That was a good try but it was already unchecked. Any other
thoughts?

"kassie" wrote:

Open Excel, click on Tools|Options, select the General Tab and untick the
option Ignore Other Applications.

Close Excel, and try and reopen from explorer.

"Carl" wrote:

I am trying to open an Excel file from Explorer and get the following
message, "method 'select' of object_worksheet' failed" following by being
notified that Excel must close. I am not RAM limited but tried rebooting
anyway to no avail. When I open the same file from Excel it works fine. The
file has an auto_open macro that minimizes the window, selects a certain
worksheet based on criteria and performs a copy and paste special of the
current time in one of the worksheets. Can someone tell me what might be
happening here? Thanks in advance.