Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default GIF image on web-page corrupts data fetched with Web Query

I have an Excel workbook that is designed to fetch data from a web
page via a Web Query, that is invoked from a macro. The web pages
concerned have small GIF images about the size of the text font
floating near some of the text (as a substitute for an asterisk, it
seems). These symbols appear to corrupt the data which the Web Query
fetches- a variable amount of following data is lost.

How can I avoid this? It seems, for instance, that there might be a VB
command which will cause these GIF images to be ignored. Typical macro
script that invokes the query is:

Sheets("ALBE").Select
Range("A26").Select
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"FINDER;C:\QLDVTR\Queries\TESTIQY\TESTALBE.IQY ", _
Destination:=Range("A26"))
.Name = "ALBE"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = False
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = False
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.WebSelectionType = xlAllTables
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingAll
.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = False
.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
.WebDisableDateRecognition = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With

Where the IQY file contains the web address

Is there something in the truth table which can be altered, or is
there something I can add to achieve what I want.

This problem occurs with Excel2003 and Excel2002

Thanks
Geoff Lambert