Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default move selection after entering data

Hi,

I would like to fid a way to make excel change the selected cell
automatically after I have entered 7 characters (numbers) into a cell.

I do not want to have to press ENTER after entering each series of
number because I will be using a barcode scanner.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has no way of knowing that you are finished typing in a cell until you hit
enter, tab or an arrow key.

VBA won't work while you are in edit mode so you will have to manually let Excel
know you're done in that cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 5 Sep 2006 13:26:48 -0700, "Frenchie" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to fid a way to make excel change the selected cell
automatically after I have entered 7 characters (numbers) into a cell.

I do not want to have to press ENTER after entering each series of
number because I will be using a barcode scanner.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the scanned entry produces a worksheet change event, perhaps this.
Moves down 1 row.

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

ActiveCell.Offset(5, 5).Select

Moves down 5 rows and right 5 columns. You can use minus to move up or to
the left.

HTH
Regards,
Howard