Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default move selection after entering data

Assuming the scanned entry produces a worksheet change event, perhaps this.
Moves down 1 row.

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

ActiveCell.Offset(5, 5).Select

Moves down 5 rows and right 5 columns. You can use minus to move up or to
the left.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Frenchie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I would like to fid a way to make excel change the selected cell
automatically after I have entered 7 characters (numbers) into a cell.

I do not want to have to press ENTER after entering each series of
number because I will be using a barcode scanner.

Thanks in advance.