Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Alternate shading colors

I would like to alternate colors (white, yellow) for each row in my
spreadsheet. Do I have to create a table to do this? I want it to
automatically know which color to add if I insert a row anywhere in the
spreadsheet, and then adjust the rest of the rows automatically. Is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look at Chip Pearson's site:
http://cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

He uses format|conditional formatting to accomplish this.

Another way (more manual, though) is to
select your range
then apply Format|Autoformat.

You may have to reapply depending on what you change--but they have some pretty
choices there.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

With conditionnal formatting ...
Choose Formula Is, use formula =MOD(ROW(),2)+1<=1
and Format with the pattern you want ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim