Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tamiluchi

Default Alternate Shading

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows

Post back with any questions.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tamiluchi

Thanks, that's a great site.
What I want to do is shade 3 rows, skip 3 rows. It doesn't show me how to do
that. Or maybe I just missed it.
I will save the site though. It seems to offer a lot of help.

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

OK...Now that you know the process...try something like this in the condition
statement:

Formula is: =ISEVEN(CEILING(ROW()/3,1))
That will band alternating groups of 3.

Play with it until it does what you want.

Per usual, post back with questions.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

See www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"tamiluchi" wrote in
message

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do
I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tamiluchi

That helps.
Thank you so very much.

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

THAT's the link I was trying to think of...
(I'll put it where I can easily find it for next time)

Thanks, Chip

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do
I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

It won't work since ISEVEN is part of the ATP and is seen as another
workbook by conditional formatting, this adaptation maybe

=MOD(CEILING(ROW()/3,1),2)=0

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"tamiluchi" wrote:

Hi
I'd like to use alternate shading for 3-row sections. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

True, Peo...thanks

Sometimes I lose track of which functions are in the ATP and which aren't.
(Wouldn't it be nice if the formula bar flagged add-in functions and UDFs
with a symbol or a color or...anything, really?)

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro