Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default A row is missing on a worksheet.

I created a workbook with 4 worksheets. Someone else is inputting the data.
They have managed to create two major problems and I don't know where to look
for the solution. 1. The row identified as 66 appears on three of the
worksheets but not the fourth. I have checked to see if it was hidden or that
opanes were frozen. No luck. How can it just go away? 2. I entered names in
column A of the second sheet and formulas to pull the information into col A
of worksheets 3 and 4. Somehow the formula got copied into col A of worksheet
2, so I get a circular reference now. The name appears but I have no idea
where the information is coming from. If I delete the formula, the name goes
away.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can hide rows (or columns) in a couple of ways.

First, they could have applied data|Filter|autofilter to the range and applied a
criteria to only see what they wanted to see.

You can see everything by:
data|Filter|Show All (if show all is greyed out, then this is the solution)

Another way hide a row is to select the row and rightclick and choose Hide.

One way you can show that row is to
edit|Goto
type A66
in the reference box
hit enter to select that cell--even though you can't see it!

Now hit Format|Row|Unhide

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If Dave's suggestions don't work, another way to "hide" a row is to reduce
the height of the row to say 0.1

If that's the case, simply select the row above and the row below the
missing row, and right click in the selection and choose "Row Height", and
enter say, the default 12.75 in the dialog box.
--
HTH,

RD