Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default typing a complement (i.e. notA) character in Excel

Is there any way to type the math convention of a complement in Excel (an X
with a line above it)? I need it to appear correct both on the screen and
when printed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the cell with Symbol font, and an odd-numbered font size, e.g. 9
or 11
Hold the Alt key, and on the number keypad, type 0096
Release the Alt key, and type an upper case C
Press Enter, to complete the entry

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Doh..

This worked ok for me with even number font sizes:
=CHAR(96)&"C"

And the rowheight adjusted nice enough to see things

Well, it was nice for some even number font sizes--not all.

jheby wrote:
Is there any way to type the math convention of a complement in Excel

(an X
with a line above it)? I need it to appear correct both on the screen

and
when printed.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know why it makes a difference. On my monitor, some sizes look
ragged, and those, usually the even-numbered ones, have a misplaced bar.
They all look okay when printed on my printer though.

The SymbolPS font looks better on-screen, in all font sizes, and its bar
is a bit longer. However, I don't know if that's a standard font.