Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default typing a complement (i.e. notA) character in Excel

Doh..

This worked ok for me with even number font sizes:
=CHAR(96)&"C"

And the rowheight adjusted nice enough to see things

Well, it was nice for some even number font sizes--not all.

Bob Umlas wrote:

Debra -- why should the odd-size font make such a difference? (And it does!)
Bob Umlas

"jheby" wrote in message
That works great - thanks a bunch!

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Format the cell with Symbol font, and an odd-numbered font size, e.g. 9
or 11
Hold the Alt key, and on the number keypad, type 0096
Release the Alt key, and type an upper case C
Press Enter, to complete the entry

jheby wrote:
Is there any way to type the math convention of a complement in Excel

(an X
with a line above it)? I need it to appear correct both on the screen

and
when printed.

--
Debra Dalgleish