Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dates prior to 1900 in Excel

I'm copying information from a Family Tree Program into an Excel Spreadsheet.
However due to the Excel Program limitations on dates, any date prior to 1900
imported will not convert to the proper date. I don't want to go back through
all the dates and re-enter them again with a "'" so they will take. Is there
a way I can set the criteria for my worksheet to accept the imported dates as
they are?

Thanks ahead of time for any help on this topic,
Rick